View Single Post
Old 05 September 2011, 08:51   #4
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
I know it stands out quite a bit. That's why I mentioned in my post 2002 and MIA.

And guessing from just looking at the entries is exactly what I did. I expect the people who originally filled the entry wondered if there were 2 DI and/or had a reason to put the PD part with the non-PD part. Same goes with the compilation.

A mistake is still a possibility. But I'd like to see a fully conclusive reason to split before something is done.

IMO, One thing in favour of the non-splitting is the logo that you mention in your original post.

Check the entry for Amiganoid:
http://hol.abime.net/4710

Then check the two bottom logos of the DI entry:
http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?...itstart=&find=

The last ones look more professional but the similarity of the three is obvious.
To me it would mean that the one from Amiganoid was an early version and the two others were improved versions. Hence a hint of affiliation.

From your first post I would guess you suppose that the Amiganoid logo is rather a copy/tribute of "original" DI logo. Am I right?

Still, checking the screenshots on HOL I have not found were the 2 bottom logos are from. So right now I cannot even conclude whether they belong to a commercial DI release or not.

Unless someone comes with more info. I guess I will have to check each DI games to see if it appears at one time or another. Hopefully there will be longplays/gameplay videos available because I am not really tempted to play some games up to the end just to check that .

So to sum up, my opinion is a bit like: yes it is strange that there is one PD entry among the DI releases and this hints towards two separate developer entries.
None of the PD developers* have worked on other DI titles (or Amiga title) apparently. So while it is not a reason to split, it is not a reason to keep them with the commercial part either.
On the other hand there are some slight hints that there is affiliation between the PD part and the commercial part (logo + compilation).

-> nothing conclusive for either side -> need for more investigation and until something fully conclusive for the split appears I see no reason to actually split.

*: Just from the name, I would expect the Amiganoid coder "Mikael Björn" to be from a Nordic country (just like DI).
If all the developers had been called something like Pedro Ramirez Rodriguez Inigo Montoya then I would have more doubts about the links between the PD and commercial DI(s).

Page generated in 0.04754 seconds with 11 queries