View Single Post
Old 27 August 2011, 11:59   #1
madman

New drivers for Turboprint?

I've been trying to get my Canon Pixma iP4500 to work from my 1200 across the network to no avail. I have the printer attached to my router which has an inbuilt print server.

I use a registered copy of Turboprint 7.4 and I have also tried a copy of 7.6 with its printer drivers and I cannot make it print. I am using the netpar.device quite happily and can see communication from the amiga to the printer in so much as when a print is sent the printer switches on and then does nothing. Also the BJCutility works across the network and I can send the commands to do for example a test print, but actually printing text from a notepad document or WW7 etc does not work. I assume this will be due to the driver not being right for the printer. I have tried a number of different canon drivers within turboprint and no luck so far.

My question is, has anyone successfully managed to find a print driver that works with the Pixma range of printers? Failing that, just how does one go about creating a new driver? Is it even possible?
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04879 seconds with 9 queries