View Single Post
Old 24 August 2011, 18:46   #20
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt5566 View Post
Thanks once more. Yeah i may well give Amiga kit a call.
Im looking on line and though i may get the parts for a new hard drive cheaper, i may also wait for ages from China & i may get the wrong thing... that would be bad. Amiga kits 4GB ready to plug & go option looks interesting (28) They say its all there a 4Gb card, cable adapter, partitioned for me, set to plug in and go.
As to the memory issue my Amiga tells me that its seeing the 1MB expansion still so its got 2MB in it at present (slow though it may be?). The question is what is the simplest and easiest option for a memeory upgrade? The machine is 20 years old. i dont want to break the bank getting parts for the old original parts to die on me or for it to go back in its box for another ten years. On the other hand it could give my venerable Amiga a new lease of life. After all i very nearly sold it at a car boot last week for 40 and something stopped me from taking offers.
As a side question I see talk of a newer OS system for Amiga or is that for more powerful machines only?
For memory the S-RAM cards are quite expensive. The other option would be to buy an ACA630/25MHz Accellerator.
This would give you a processor upgrade to 68030 running at 25MHz and it also has 32MB of Fast RAM onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt5566 View Post
As a side question I see talk of a newer OS system for Amiga or is that for more powerful machines only?
Yes.

Page generated in 0.05095 seconds with 9 queries