View Single Post
Old 15 August 2011, 22:08   #12
Cooljerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
You could use an S-video-to-RGB converter, then connect the output of that to your RGB-to-VGA converter. I'm not sure what use an RGB-to-S-video converter would be though? Unless you meant a VGA-to-S-video converter?

Yes the NES video signal is non-interlaced. The problem as I understood it was that the converter you have, doesn't seem to work correctly with non-interlaced input. All the converters I have tried do work with non-interlaced input, outputting a proper interlaced PAL/NTSC/whatever signal.

One other possibility, though very unlikely... maybe your TV set has a service mode which allows settings like the picture height to be adjusted? You could try googling the model number to see whether a service manual is available for it.

Edit: I just googled RCA TV service mode which gave some interesting results. Your TV may well have a hidden ability to adjust the vertical size, read the first few pages in the Google results.
The idea I had was to be able to go like this:

CD32 -> S-video -> RGB -> S-video -> TV

or, if I wanted, i could also go

CD32 -> S-Video -> RGB -> VGA -> Monitor

excellent news on that NES info, I'll probably just pick up one of those converters you listed. Thanks a ton for all the help!

Page generated in 0.04994 seconds with 9 queries