View Single Post
Old 20 July 2011, 08:41   #17
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
If someone of these "vultures" is flying around and is talking about a copyright protection of Amiga programs, like Thomas or me here, then we don't want to play the "Police" and say "You must not resource and publish..." but we just want to give a warning "Be careful with spreading copyrighted stuff...", because other people have already made bad experiences with the copyright owners in the past. Ask Piru for example what has happened when he tried to publish his Kickstart v44 or aPEX at a1k.org what the Amiga Copyright owners did when a1k.org tried to build a new Kickstart ROM and wanted to make it available.

It's easy for the "consumers" among the Amiga users to request updates of protected software and then leave the developers alone with the risks of a copyright violation.
The vultures I was referring to are those who ENFORCE the copyright/whatever law (of ancient software), not those that just express their concern about it. So PeterK don't understand me wrong . And keep on improving that icon.library

Page generated in 0.04341 seconds with 10 queries