View Single Post
Old 07 July 2011, 22:32   #6
prowler
Global Moderator

Sorry for the delay in responding to your request. It's taken a while for me to find the files concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
Yes thank you, and for the note, I may have came across a pre-compiled version of Heart of the Alien. Should have it in a few days, hopefully with source as well.
That sounds encouraging. Are you in touch with the uploader of the Amiga OS 3.9 screenshot? It would be marvellous to be able to run the follow up (albeit unofficial) to Another World on the Amiga where it belongs.

When I discovered the HOTA project, I managed to get hold of the Mega CD image required in order to run it in Windows, and it's quite impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
So with this package you are talking about, all I'd need to do once you upload it is to re-install Work Bench onto the HDF file, or copy the files onto my already set up Amiga and I'd have a ready to go dev environment?

What would I need the kickstart rom for?
Yes, as you say, you can either re-install Workbench 3.1 onto the hardfile, or merge its contents with that of your already set up Amiga and you'll have a pre-configured ready to go GCC development environment.

An A1200 or A4000 40.68 Kickstart ROM image is required only to use the developer tools with WinUAE.

It will take me a while to remove the Amiga OS files required to make it legal. In the meantime, I've attached the readme file for you to have a look at. I've removed only the information required to preserve the anonymity of the original distributor and the website used.

AFAIK, this was the last available release of the hardfile before the website was shut down due to copyright infringement.
Attached Files
File Type: txt gcc112.txt (11.8 KB, 174 views)

Page generated in 0.08766 seconds with 10 queries