View Single Post
Old 01 July 2011, 10:23   #36
Originally Posted by hyami View Post
60% more transfer speed... That actually makes me wonder; what's the maximum throughput of a normal clockport (both theoretical and practical)?
Theoretical values are only good for dishonest marketing. That's not how I do business. Here's real-world numbers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Portspeed.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	28972

When I described the production process and the new tools we've built for the A604, the question came up if the "old tools from A603" could be put up for auction now. The thing is: The were no special tools for A603! I introduced new methods for the A604, especially because we've had trouble like this during the A603 production:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A603_drowned_panel.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	28973

This drowned panel is now up for auction over at - current bid is 70,- EUR. It's unique, there is no other panel like this. The thing is only good for "having", but it will never ever work because of missing parts, unprogrammed CPLDs and the obvious "solder in the wrong places". Invoice for the thing will be written for "electronic waste, 265grams", shipping goes on top. I'll sign the thing if the winner wants me to. 50% of the money (after VAT) goes to a charity organisation that I'll name on monday or tuesday (you may want to wait before placing your bid until I have decided which one).

Page generated in 0.10619 seconds with 10 queries