View Single Post
Old 22 June 2011, 02:06   #7
Ze Emulatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
How do I switch between games "A" and "B"?
It only has the one difficulty level at the moment

Quote:
When first loading, various graphics tiles flash briefly at the top left corner of the screen.
That is it opening the images from the disk with the OBJECT command, capturing the image with the GET and putting it into an array closing the OBJECT and clearing the screen. When testing it with just the OBJECT command the images appeared to flicker a lot.

Quote:
Things which might be limitations of AmigaBASIC or your compiler: It's possible to "rub out" the prompt messages, eg. the "input name" prompt.
I noticed that I think it is because of AmigaBASIC and the Code I used. I think I have an idea on how to fix it.

Quote:
Window should relayout when it is resized, otherwise not much point having a resize gadget.
I didn't know it could be resized. I set the screen to 320X260 when the program opens. I don't think I can do anything about that, but I'll check.

Quote:
Amiga-. or Ctrl-C gives an error message.
I hadn't tried that, I think I can turn it off

Quote:
"Quit" menu item should have an Amiga-Q shortcut.
I'll See what I can do about that.

Quote:
Menus are hard to read, maybe redefine the yellow pen as grey.
That was my fault I was going to have the game be able to change to the colours, like what a Gameboy Colour can do, when the game was loading but I didn't implement it or remove the code for the colours.

Quote:
Various things are different to original, eg. font, colours, "miss" display, "game over" message, missing "man falling" animation, sound, etc. but you would already know that, I assume.
I was having trouble Amiga Basic kept saying it was out of memory when I was trying to run the program and would take me back to the code so I skipped adding some stuff. I'll see if I can add the proper stuff in.

Quote:
Suggestion: Not much point having "Play again (Y/N)", better to just have "press any key or press fire on joystick to play again". User can use window close gadget if they want to quit.
I think I had it like that because the if the user had beaten the highscore they have just used the keyboard to say (Y/N) to saving the and entering their name. I think I can change this to use the joystick instead of the keyboard.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get to work on it right away and try and make some changes.

Page generated in 0.08470 seconds with 9 queries