View Single Post
Old 06 June 2011, 19:53   #219
Missile Command Champion

Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Also, you're using a 1080p tv like me I think? I've recently switched to using no filter at all and no aspect correction. Just Horizontal Size to 2x, and Vertical Size to 4x. This ensures that there are no scaling artifacts at all for a very, very clear picture. The amiga screen fits quite nicely on a 1080p TV. Not all games will fill the screen vertically of course (same as on a real Amiga) but the "automatic center" option can be quite nice in these cases.

Scanlines & bilinear can still be turned on if that's your thing

This doesn't work for me on my 37" HD-Ready TV with a 1280x720 resolution. The zoom was too big and the D3D scanlines caused garbage. Anyway, i've changed

which is a 1.43/2.86 zoom and it looks pretty nice now. No scaling artefacts (ugly lines) anymore, just a little bit of noise which can you can soften with the bilinear filter.

Edti: Forget it. Now i know (on my PC!) what causes this annoying vertical/horizontal lines. It's a combination of scaling and D3D Scanlines/PNG overlay Scanlines. Without scanlines (but scaling enabled) it looks like the mentioned image noise.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 06 June 2011 at 23:23.
Page generated in 0.05121 seconds with 9 queries