Thread: hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 03 June 2011, 00:45   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Hi Scotty!

Firstly welcome to EAB, you've come to the right place as you'll find lots of useful info from basic upgrades to damn right crazy OTT mods

Your A1200 is a nice base to start with, 3.0 Roms are fine, you only need 3.1 Roms if you want to run OS3.5/3.9 and even then there are ways around that.

I suggest a 4gb CF card (with CF-IDE adapter) which has space for about 2250 WHDLoad games, this will keep you busy Oh and check out Classic Workbench, its a pre installed Workbench pack with all the apps you need to make your return to the scene a little easier.

To run most games you'll need some kind of memory upgrade, an 4mb or 8mb trapdoor upgrade will be fine and shouldn't cost more than 40

From there the skys the limit, the Blizzard 1230's and such cards start at about the 100 mark and will give your A1200 a nice boost so you can play games like Doom and get more out of Workbench however most of the classics work fine with just a Ram upgrade.

There were some new Accelerators produced in 2010 by Individual Computers, I think they're sold out now the ACA1230's were priced starting at 85, I imagine they'll produce more as they were in good demand otherwise there are other options in between Ram and Blizzards 1230's like Viper/MTEC 1230's and Apollo/Blizzard 1220's which go for around 60 these will have a faster 020 or 030 processor and will give you a modest speed boost.

I think thats enough info for now, if you have any questions fire away

Steve.

Page generated in 0.04874 seconds with 9 queries