View Single Post
Old 01 June 2011, 16:13   #40
Professional slacker!
Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Here is the first of two Video's I've made today of OS4.1 running on my A1200T, this is the one with the 330mhz PPC and its got a Radeon 9250 128mb in it (Borrowed from AmigaFun @Amibay)

[ Show youtube player ]

This is the 'Games' Video, I test out the OS4 Port of Duke Nukem 3D which for some reason only runs in AGA mode...

I test a few versions of Quake here, first is the normal WarpOS port from OS3.9 which as you can see although in AGA runs very fast indeed. Then I fire up GLQuake for OS4 which you can see runs a little slow, to compare I run again QuakeWOS in 640x480 (software rendering)

Also tesing DoomWOS vs PRDoomGL for OS4 and a quick look at Wipeout2097 which has some glitches on the Radeon (square shadows) This looks ok on my Voodoo 3 though.

ps, Sorry for the slow loading speeds, my Fast EIDE and BlizPPC SCSI are not supported so we're on the native IDE!

And here is the second!

[ Show youtube player ]

I open, close and move a lot of Windows around so you can get to see the 3D Effects (Hardware Accel'd) in the OS and a quick demo of OWB the new browser.

You can also get a feel for the responsivness if the OS, it feels pretty slick to use, its still not a particually fast Web Browsing experience though however the pages are drawn correctly under OWB.

Anyway - hope you enjoy the Vids

Last edited by fitzsteve; 01 June 2011 at 16:27.
Page generated in 0.07749 seconds with 9 queries