View Single Post
Old 29 May 2011, 15:16   #467
A4000Bear

Problems with burning A4000 ROMS

I have been attempting to create 3.9 ROMS for my A4000D using Remus & ROMsplit, and have failed miserably every time. The Amiga shows no sign of life at all with the burnt ROMs installed.

In an effort to isolate the problem, I then tried to simply copy the contents of my existing 3.1 ROMs, again using Remus and ROMsplit. Again no luck.

I then took the 3.1 ROMs from my Amiga and copied them directly. This worked, so the EPROMS and burner I'm using are confirmed as working.

This is what I'm using:
ROMS: MX27C4100-10
Burner: TOP3000
ROMsplit version: 1.0rc15
Remus version: 1.0rc35

The settings in Remus are as follows:
ROMbase = $F80000
ROMsize = 512K
Image type = Split & swapped
Checksum = yes

Briefly, this is what I'm doing (when trying to simply copy 3.1 to new ROMS):
Using ROMsplit, I click on 'Grab ROM', then 'Select All' then 'Extract Files'
The contents of the Kickstart are then saved successfully.

Using Remus, I select where the ROM contents were previously saved. The various files from the ROM are displayed in the right window. I doubleclick on each of them to copy them to the left window. Using the settings shown above, I then click on 'Compile' and I provide a filename. The LO and HI files save successfully.

These are then burnt onto properly erased EPROMS, and they compare OK with the original files. But when I put them in my A4000, they do not work at all. They also do not compare with 'real 3.1 ROMS', though the ASCII data display in the programmer looks superficially the same. Note that I am not attempting to make 3.9 ROMS for this test, merely creating 3.1 ROMS.

I have attached the rpf file generated from Remus from when I was testing. See below.

Given there are lots of people out there who have successfully created A4000 ROMS, I'm sure someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
David
Attached Files
File Type: txt TEST.txt (1.7 KB, 301 views)

Last edited by A4000Bear; 29 May 2011 at 15:27. Reason: Addition of example file

Page generated in 0.04379 seconds with 11 queries