View Single Post
Old 28 May 2011, 11:45   #1
ppascal

WIFI initialization causes system stall

Hi,

I have big problem with my a600 with speedtouch 110 wi-fi card. EVERY attempt to initialize network stack causes system hang/stall (only Ctrl+A+A or hard reset helps).

This very same card with this very same network stack and this very same system (well, started from this very same partition) initializes and runs fine on my a1200.

Funny thing is, about month ago I was able to surf the net from this a600 with this wi-fi card setup; only system software was different, and then I've accidentally damaged system partition. After fresh system install every wi-fi initialization attempt stalls a600 (but works, with same system software, on a1200).

This broken system partition had OS3.9, but now a600+wi-fi stalls both in 3.1 and in 3.9.

And, in this a600 i have aca630 installed; I was thinking at first that maybe I have aca630-PCMCIA problem, but wi-fi stalls even with aca630 totally disconnected (jumpered off).

Network stack is AmiTCP 4.0 demo at the moment, but same effect with Genesis on OS3.9. And even networkbootdisk.adf stalls (on a600, on a1200 all works fine).

Any ideas? What freaking lib/patch could I have on this unlucky losted system partition, that would help start wi-fi in a600? Maybe some sort of lib/patch for 68060 (my a1200 has 060 card, and I still am using same hard disk in both machines...). Or is my a600 physically damaged? Should I check with another wi-fi card, another PCMCIA card (e.g. CF adapter)?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
PPascal

Page generated in 0.04555 seconds with 11 queries