View Single Post
Old 23 May 2011, 00:32   #20
Since 1987
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
No more details, as they would reveal the ideas (both marketing and technology-wise). They're simple and easy to copy, therefore "saying nothing" is the safest thing to do for me.

Yes, I know about Natami and FPGAarcade, but I neither want to create a new platform (like Natami does), nor do I want to address the existing Amiga people only.

Those two projects are creating a nieche within a nieche with sales prospects of maybe 200 units total. Clone-A goes into the other direction, where it can please Amiga-freaks, but also attract new customers and new developers - and the latter is what we desperately need.

Interesting bit of news about the Clone-A appealing to new developers/users. I would love to know in what way, if that could be revealed without giving any details about the project that would compromise the marketing plan.

I agree that the Natami will be a niche within a niche and only sell a few hundred boards, but the Replay board is aimed at more than just the Amiga community, as it will emulate other arcade systems and probably other 8bit computer systems as well. I think the Replay will potentially sell thousands, unless it is surpassed by another similar project before it has a chance to establish sales distribution in enough areas to create that much sales interest from the several different market communities.
Page generated in 0.05063 seconds with 9 queries