View Single Post
Old 15 May 2011, 18:14   #5
Thanks, guys!

I agree with the criticisms on YT, though. It did take them until BG 2 to really smooth out the gameplay and interface, and the combat was never the series' strong point (arguably no game since the Goldbox games has really gotten it right). Still, I think it's better than in Dragon Age, and it's not especially intrusive since you want to be focused on the story and atmosphere anyway. I always thought the NWN engine had a lot of potential, but the story and chars just weren't nearly as memorable or inspiring as in DA. Same for Icewind Dale--I love being able to make a whole party, but the story and settings just didn't grip me.

I'm STILL holding out hope against hope that Bioware's Star Wars MMO will be something special. Still, I wish they were working on a Forgotten Realms game. I know there's already the Dungeons & Dragons MMO, but it just didn't do it for me. You really need a hardcore group of obsessed FANATICS to really do something like that justice. I think Bioware did great with BG, but BG 2 seems to be their peak. After that it was all downhill as far as CRPGs are concerned.

What I'd really love to see is a modern game like Baldur's Gate but with turn-based combat. I guess that's just too much to ask for.
Page generated in 0.11743 seconds with 9 queries