View Single Post
Old 13 May 2011, 21:42   #4
thoddytph

Turbostar GrandPrix from TurtleByte

Yes, the game was never released.
First a few words about me. My name is Thorsten Heldt, living in Duisburg germany,now 42 years old.
I am one of the programmer of the game. Coders: Oliver Reese (essen Germany,Thorsten Heldt (Duisburg,Germany).
Graphics: Sascha Reese( Essen Germany , his brother) and Klaus Barchfeld (essen Germany.)The release should be january 1989. The Programm was 100% finished and 99.999 % buckfree, what is a lot for a programm complete written in assembler. Turtlebyte was newer satisfactioned. One programm change after another. After a while we have said , NO MORE CHANGES. Cover Design was changes two times. etc etc Two weeks later we had an court case. Months after months, it ended.After a comparison, we ask for our money for programming and turtlebyte ask for a lot of money for the promotion sales. (Packaging, Coverdesign, Full page (Full colour) announcements in magazines etc etc. That was it. We have not seen any cent, they also.
Two and a half year every free minute coding,scetching the grafik etc was for the A S S. At that time we were 18 years old. After that short time later Turtlebyte has closed.

The copyprotection was from the legandary H.G.Berg
Yes, the game has splitscreen. If it would the first racing game released in amiga history. A track designer for your own tracks was included.

Yes, i have the game, i have the sourcecode ,the graphics etc etc but i dont know if any from the 3,5" disc could be read after so long time.
24 years.

With regards Thorsten Heldt programmer of Turbostar GrandPrix

By the way, i am searching high density scans from the magazines, the game was anounced.

Page generated in 0.04433 seconds with 11 queries