View Single Post
Old 26 April 2011, 21:26   #10
i apologize for the lack of updates... between work, social life, music production, + some laziness, have had an absurd lack of time. i'm currently rewriting parts of teeth and adding some new stuff... an offset calculator, pattern operations + some other things: [ Show youtube player ]

its still small and simple to use, but packs a lot more power. i cant make any promises when it will be finished, but i think its pretty close. if you're interested, the best bet is to drop me an email at systmcrsh[at]gmail[dot]com + i'll send an email. you can also sometimes find me on #tds.

earache + timebomb are finished as far as im concerned and are available here:!/

-> copy varexx and VXC to your SYSTEM:C directory
-> copy *.lib to your SYSTEM:LIBS directory
-> copy *.rexx and *.gui to your REXX: directory

if you don't have a rexx: directory you will need to assign one, or change the line of the scripts that call the gui (ie line 10: gui_file = 'REXX:earache!.gui'). you can then either select 'run rexx script' in octamed, or assign a keyboard shortcut to 'run arexx script': rexx:[script!].rexx

earache!: basically a frontend for some of octamed's effects.
Echo: octamed's echo effect. NN = number of echoes, RR = echo rate, VV = volume decrease. numbers must be entered in pairs, ie 01 = 1
Vol: volume increase or decrease (in percent). range = 0-999
F/B: filter/boost/none. AA = averaging, DD = distance. numbers must be entered in pairs, ie 01 = 1
NC: don't clip the sample (when vol > 100)
L: load a new sample in the selected instrument
P: play the selected instrument
< and >: scroll forward/backward through instruments
Go!: do operation
U: undo last operation.
Keyboard CMD:
F1: load preset. useful if you use the same settings a lot. to create your own preset you will need to edit lines 292-309 in earache!.rexx
F2: toggle undo enable/disable. enabling undos adds approx 8s of execution time on an a600.

timebomb!: resamples or transposes an instrument to match tempo.
Pitch: the default pitch of your sample (C-1, C#1, D-1, etc). must be entered as a number. its the most efficient way i knew off for entering it. 1 = C-1, 2= C#-1, 3 = D-1, 13 = C-2, 25 = C-3, etc. when you enter this data it will also set the default pitch in the sample editor. watch vid if you get confused.
Beats: the # of beats your sample is, ie 2 beats, 4 beats, 8, etc
-AA: resample with no anti-aliasing
+AA: resample with anti-aliasing
TSP: don't resample, transpose using instrument transposition settings instead. this gets flaky when you try to transposition further than 1 or 2 octaves. in that case you should resample. there is a technical reason for this...
L P < > Go!: same as above

other stuff:
the guis require varexx (partially included above):
the guis were created using gadtoolsbox (not included):

koney: i see you have a release on industrial strength and hkv. thats awesome... isr is just a block away from my apartment. a friend of mine does a bunch of stuff for them. i plan to press a 7" myself next month.
Page generated in 0.05559 seconds with 9 queries