View Single Post
Old 18 April 2011, 15:29   #2029
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post

just got feedback from Vesalia that the memory stability problems of the 42MHz version are solved. This was also one of those problems that I could not reproduce here, so it took a few iterations of sending things back and forth, but ultimately the precise error description has lead to a solid solution.

The trouble was - once again - power supply related. Some PSUs cause more noise than others, and if it's "on the edge", then you get a funny effect: The memory is stable with no keyboard connected, and it's getting unstable (showing 0MB fastmem most of the time) if the keyboard is connected.

This noise is a matter of a few nanoseconds only, and I managed to get around it in pure logic. All new 42MHz cards have this fix already applied.

This makes one issue left: Graphics errors with 28MHz cards. I do have a board from AmigaKit here that supposedly has this trouble, but I haven't been able to reproduce it until now. As Vesalia has a few bad power supplies with lots of noise, they will now ship these PSUs to me, so I can tackle this final problem (hoping that I can reproduce it by combining these "bad" units).

You just don't get this sort of dedication from other places.

Anyone ever had a problem with a graphics card from NVidia or similar that just casues all sorts of problems. If the fix isn't in the FAQs or a software update, its very much "Tough luck" and you go and buy a new card. Not with Jens, once again proving 'He the man!'
Page generated in 0.05407 seconds with 9 queries