View Single Post
Old 31 March 2011, 23:59   #42
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
If someone comes up and states "hey, you know this product you don't believe in? Well, i do. I believe in it enough to order 500 without them even being more then an idea. Hit me up in a week, and give me a delivery window." then ofcourse he can justify the development. But judging by the amount of people i know owning a CDTV, and the willingness of them to spend money on them, i understand why he isn't exactly pushing the issue on his own. Demand isn't high enough.
(Number of known CDTV's amongst my friends... 0 Will to spend money on something like a CDTV amongst my friends... Are you kidding? They look at me and ask if i'm nuts when i tell them i bought a few things for like 20 euro for the Amiga. I haven't told them i spent another 250 on a ACA 1230/56 yet...)

On top of everything, don't get me wrong, but with a accelerator in a CDTV, you get close to, but not quite there, a A600/1200, with a accelerator. If you want that experience, why not just get one of those?
Exactly. I want it for my A500. Why? Partly to endow it with easy transfer ability (the IDE i/f), and partly to make an A500/060. Why? Because A500 is my favorite Amiga. Others' fave Amiga could be the CDTV, and if they use it a lot as I do my A500, they might want the ACA520 for speed and IDE.

For normal CD/gaming use I can agree with you that it's hard to see the reason. Except perhaps if some games or demos require memory or some such.

So basically yours, mine, and CDTV lovers' reasons are all correct
Page generated in 0.09105 seconds with 9 queries