Thread: Antivirus?
View Single Post
Old 25 March 2011, 15:40   #1
Mr B

Antivirus?

I'm just thinking here. But if i'm going to start going through my boxes with floppies, it might be a good idea to at least know what "is out there" in the way of tools for rectifying issues. I got over 4.000 floppies, originals and copies in a wild mix. Some are my own old collections from "back then" and some are of a later date, that i never used, but rather got from friends, or picked up along the way. My own discs "should" be fine, at least in the sense that they never killed my system back then, or created issues i even noticed. The discs i picked up from that point on are a bit more sketchy, none of my friends ever had a harddrive equipped Amiga, so something might linger there.

So, what tools would one need to make sure that no "accidents" happen? There seam to be a few antivirus for the Amiga, the most up to date versions seam to date back to 2004, or so. My gut would be to go with VirusZ, which needs xvs.library, xadmaster.library and xfdmaster.library to run. But since i got time until the hardware enabling me to start sifting through my floppies arrive, i thought i'd ask for opinions.

(I do realize that "nobody" uses antivirus on the Amiga but if nothing else, i got a bunch of mod-tracks on floppies that i'd like to keep safe, so i thought i'd give the disc's a once over, and after i feel secure that everything is safe, forget about the whole antivirus thing again.)
B!
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04764 seconds with 9 queries