View Single Post
Old 09 March 2011, 01:08   #102
Ya' like it Retr0?
I really REALLY hate the term "Piracy" it should be shoved into the annuls along with the word "Abandonware"

What we are really talking about is File Sharing, and not some "media constructed demonetization" to imply "theft" where there was only "infringement". You see, theft implies a Criminal law (prosecuted by the state), where "infringement" is infact Civil Law (prosecuted by the copyright holder(s)).

So lawyers and solicitors have been banging away at this in court for the last 30 years attempting to obfuscate and blur this distinction as much as possible being as it is in their interest to do so.

I am not saying that some people tried selling blagged games / apps back in the day - most people I knew avoided them - these are the REAL pirates.

In my humble opinion, , of all the copying that was done back in the day - I would say a good 90% was just file sharers / disk-swappers - where no (or next to no) financial re-numeration had taken place.

I have always said that some one whom copies your application was unlikely to buy it in the first place. I find it quite annoying when some idiot believes and item copied is a loss in sale, since there is no proof other than a supersistion.

Is a credulous belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge. The word is often used pejoratively to refer to folk beliefs deemed irrational. This leads to some superstitions being called "old wives' tales". It is also commonly applied to beliefs and practices surrounding luck, prophecy and spiritual beings, particularly the belief that future events can be foretold by specific unrelated prior events.

yeah.... to be fair, I may have a few issues to work on.....
Page generated in 0.05323 seconds with 9 queries