View Single Post
Old 06 March 2011, 17:10   #16
Lord Riton
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
1.) You pay the publisher, not the developer of the game. Of course they can can support innovative developers with that money, but more likely they invest in concepts that paid off in the past and spend the odd buck on new games, not the other way around.
If a game sells well then the publisher AND the developer will earn more money. Sometimes even the publisher is also the developer.

I wouldn't be too confident about how little people use pirated games as a test version before they buy the game. Also I don't think that the statement 'people who accept/use pirated software wouldn't have bought the original anyway' is that far off. Just saying that piracy = lost sales might not be 100% true.
Of course people also played games they would never have bought, while they were free as piracy products then why not play them... But the games they would have bought they didn't buy for the waste majority if they got access to a working pirated version.

Anyway, my main point is that piracy played a minor role in the demise of the Amiga
At least we agree on that point
Page generated in 0.05222 seconds with 9 queries