View Single Post
Old 17 February 2011, 13:50   #1
r0ber7
it's all in your head

Happy Rediscovered my A1200 & here I am :)

Hi!

Back when I was a little kid, about 8 years old, I played all my games on the Amiga. Then, a few years later, my dad gave me my own A1200 to play with. I made tons of music modules during school years, as well as Cinema4D stuff, my own AMOS shoot-em-up, and a bulk of DPaint drawings. I also got quite addicted to Worms the Director's Cut, Dune, Civilization, and the Gobliiins series.

However, around the age of 15/16 I switched from the A1200 to PC's running Linux. Linux was still quite a hassle to get working back then, but I always loved a challenge. :P

Anyway, recently I asked my dad to bring the A1200 to my place, and it's now sitting here next to the laptop I'm typing on. At first I just wanted to get back my old digital creations, and cause I'm familiar with networking I ordered a PCMCIA ethernet card from amigakit.com. I'm still having problems with that, read more about it here.

But now, I've decided what my ultimate goal is: A triple boot on this laptop: my 2 Ubuntu versions (already installed) + Xamiga, which is a base linux system that runs e-uae at boot. It would boot into the exact same system I now have running on my A1200.

I have much respect for the people tinkering away with their old amigas, but I myself wouldn't know where to start, and besides, I love the idea of transferring my old desktop to a new host, and being able to do so with any future laptops that might come my way too.

This, also, would allow me to use OctaMED, all my old samples + all my old music on the laptop. Then I could just export the songs, reboot, and combine the Amiga music with music created in Ubuntu Studio.

I love the sound of the Amiga mods, and it would be great to boot the laptop, make a nice breakbeat in OctaMED, reboot, import into Audacity, and go on from there.

So that's where I am now, and I figured I'd introduce myself to the Amiga people. In short: hello!
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.08440 seconds with 9 queries