View Single Post
Old 08 February 2011, 23:39   #98
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hey Nova: Do you know what? I'm playing it!!!
Only a couple of things: when you go to install the 060Aga version it's install script fails saying about a missing Full
Well, really I didn't need the installation. I used the Scummvm of the drawer and only changed to no sound. I left ALL the rest as it is. I mean, I didn't touched AHI even. It plays at FULL speed. Only the music at the beginning at some moments wasn't playing well, but... for the lights of the HD it was reading it very very fast.

Apart ot this, as I say I didn't change anything... no other monitor types... nothing. I'm seeying it in my Tv. But, the only thing is that the screen is a little "up" in my TV. How do I change it?

I'm very very happy, Nova, and it's really going at full speed. Thank you very much for your work!!!
Cool, another happy customer

Yep it does hit that HD a lot (which is why I'm after an IDE FixExpress for my new Miggy). Glad you got it working in the end, the screen position problem can be fixed by tweaking your OverScan prefs while running in PAL mode. I normally just run in in VGA mode which seems to get everything centered well (see readme for details).

You should try the version in the Zone on your 56Mhz 030, I'd love to know if an 030 can run Discworld ok (without music of course!).

You can get the PC CDROM demo here

Thanks up for the heads up with the install script bug, I'll have to fix that one

Originally Posted by frikilokooo View Post
However in 030 works very slow even without sound

Yep the code isn't optermized yet (see above) and it's too hard to make it any faster without having a real Amiga do develop it on. There's an experimental version in the Zone that only supports Discworld that may be a bit quicker than the versions on AmiNet.

There are a few things you can try to make it a bit faster though. For a start if you've got a sound card then use it over Paula, if you've only got Paula then select Stereo 8bit (without the +). Try running it in PAL mode and also adjust the playback frequency right down to say 8k (you have to restart ScummVM for any audio GUI settings to take effect BTW).

Last edited by TCD; 08 February 2011 at 23:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use multi-quote.
Page generated in 0.05410 seconds with 9 queries