View Single Post
Old 04 February 2011, 13:06   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Well, whatever!

Chances are that it is a game demo, not a full game because the main executable is indeed called "demo".
(In worst case, it's another stolen preview...remember the Gem'Z story!)

[edit] The demo bit seems right, because the intro text gives some more info...
Code:
 -C5- AND CHRIS (U.S.I) PROUDLY PRESENT THE FIRST AND ONLY OFFICIAL DEMO-VERSION OF   A M I G A N O I D  !!  THE FINAL VERSION WILL HAVE: SUPER-SOUNDS, MORE AND OTHER BACKGROUND PICTURES AND MUCH MORE OTHER THINGS. AMIGANOID WAS WRITTEN BY -C5- (064/46 26 61/ SWITZERLAND). PROGRAMMING SUPPORT BY CHRIS. IF YOU WANT TO USE BOTH RACKETS THEN PLUG A SECOND MOUSE IN PORT TWO OF YOUR AMIGA. BUT FIRST A MESSAGE TO ALL FANS OF INSANITY FIGHT (IF THEY EXIST). IT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN DECEMBER 1987 . IT HAS COMPLETLY NEW GRAPHICS AND SUPER SOUND.   BUT HERE COMES THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS INTRO --> THE GREETINGS TO: TYTAN 2112, SWISS CRACKING ASSOCIATION (MY AMIGA IS ALIVE!)<snip>
The game mentioned in there, Insanity Fight, is a game developed by LINEL so "Chris" mentioned in the intro giving "programming support" can be no other than Christian Haller! This means it's rather not a SW 2000 game, but apparently a game originally meant to be published by LINEL.
(However, it should be noted that even SW 2000 and Linel have a sort of relation because they collaborated for the unreleased game "Schatz im Silbersee".)

Also, I found out that 064 is an old area code in the Swiss canton Aargau (now merged with 062), so that's where the programmer lived or still lives.

Last edited by andreas; 04 February 2011 at 13:26.

Page generated in 0.07416 seconds with 10 queries