View Single Post
Old 23 January 2011, 19:46   #2
desiv

**UPDATE**
OK, now I'm not sure how much of it was which fix (and I know no one cares, but too bad..), but here's what I found.
I went down to AmiTCP 3 (as AmiTCP 4 has a "Click OK" and I found out easynet uses AmiTCP 3), and starting having that problem again. Off and on..
I was pinging, but not browsing on all sites...
Then I noticed something...
When pinging www.amiga.org, I was actually pinging www.amiga.org.home ???
And that was pinging, BUT it was pinging because my ISP is helpful, and resolves EVERYTHING that doesn't resolve to it's own search servers... And THAT is what I was pinging...
I remembered that when I setup AmiTCP, it asked me for my home network, and I just typed "home."

So, I found that in the config file in AmiTCP:db (OK, I forgot which file already, but it was in there... :-) ) and I just commented that line out... Then I did a "ping www.amiga.org" and amiga.org responded...

I'm still not sure why it was sometimes working and sometimes not before, but it seems happier now..
I must have made that change earlier when I was having trouble, but around the same time I installed CardPatch...

----------------------
(old before edit below)
Got it...

The ClassicWB install didn't have CardPatch going, and while I thought CardPatch was for other things, apparently, it can present ... er... uniquely...

I'm still not sure why it was doing what it was doing, but it was fixed with CardPatch.

desiv

p.s. It was also nice that the glitch let me get to aminet.net, as I used it to DL CardPatch.. ;-) Tried it this morning, still failed to www.google.com and www.aminet.net. Went to aminet.net and DL'd CardPatch. Installed it. Rebooted, www.google.com and www.aminet.net now work.

p.p.s. Sorry TCD.. Will do next time.. (Just noticed...) :-(

Last edited by desiv; 26 February 2011 at 05:52.

Page generated in 0.05207 seconds with 9 queries