View Single Post
Old 19 January 2011, 22:18   #1665

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I got an Indivision ECS today, firstly must say its an awesome bit of kit.

Works great on my JVC LCD TV, nice and clear. No vertical lines like I get from the PicassoIV in Native modes so thats great and no flicker as expected in High Res Laced.

Sadly it don't fit with the Apollo 620, so thats given me the kick up the backside I need to get myself an ACA630. Which I'll order next week when the pay check comes in

But I have just been reading over at Amibay that the Indi ECS/A603 and ACA630 don't fit together without some modifacation or at least a riser socket for the Indi ECS.

@Fol is there any news on the solution you were working on for fitting the IndiECS and keeping the Floppy Drive?

Or are you able to supply with the ACA630 the riser socket I need to use the IndiECS?

Its a shame these three items don't all just fit

Still trying to source the right connector. I was looking while at home, will keeping looking.

The other solution would involve soldering. Id rather not this solution as it can take time to make, plus it would'nt look neat.
I hate things that dont look neat.

Originally Posted by Amigaman View Post

Hi mate. Just to let you know, the ACA630 and the indivision do fit in together (snug but ok), it really is just the floppy that gets in the way. It would be nice if there could be a kit to re-seat the Indi and keep the floppy.

Also, de-solder the old RF output, and the put the output cable thougth there. The securing nuts grip the metal shield nicely, though slight mod needed on the plastic.

Also, I was VERY tempted by your Apollo listing on Amibay. Very... but just couldn't quite scape the cash together, even at the great price.
What Amigman said. They fit fine together, just floppy issue.
Page generated in 0.05258 seconds with 9 queries