View Single Post
Old 14 January 2011, 13:37   #7
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Why do you need SRAM when your target is A500 with 1MB RAM? A 1MB trapdoor expansion should be sufficient for that. Then the PCMCIA becomes free for network or CF cards.
Yes, that's how it is now. If this were satisfactory, problem would be solved and I would have posted, would I? But I could neither test nor run (all) demos (and games) for A500 512k/512k. This is the (main) platform I must support, and so I must be able to test it on this Amiga - or bring an A500 also.

What am I? Some freak who wants an Amiga 100% compatible with the most sold platform that the most games and demos were made for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I don't know of one. The Apollo 630 does not have a disable function at all and the Viper/M-TEC 630's have only 24bit Ram.

My Apollo 620 which also has 24bit Ram has a disable function seperate to Ram, I'd have to check if the Fast Ram is still available after disable the 020 though.

Will have a look at that later. In theory it should be possible for me to boot into 68k workbench with 4mb Fast Ram and 020 disabled ensuring PCMCIA comnpatibilty from the Jumpers I have available.

Steve.
You test if you like to (it won't help me since I have the accel I have), but this was only to shock Alexh with the fact that people who have accelerators occasionally use it in 68000 mode sometimes!

Last edited by TCD; 14 January 2011 at 14:05. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Use multi-quote.

Page generated in 0.05746 seconds with 11 queries