View Single Post
Old 10 January 2011, 04:54   #13
waltermixxx

hi there, wow I appreciative of all the replies... thank you.

I am using it with an atari STE, mono detect line is floating so ST produces colour out.

I do have an amiga 500 I will try with as well, just to make sure it's not the circuit, as someone suggested that would be a good idea. I will post my findings... the Amiga does make it easy by providing a clock for the circuit... ( If it works with the amiga, I will remove the crystal and use it with my amiga, and perhaps doe the svideo mod on the ste.

I do have an atari colour rgb monitor, I was just hoping to use an LCD monitor as it's lighter and uses less electricity...

I was thinking of doing the Svideo mod to my 1040ste as it does have a modulator,
or simply using the composite video out on pin two of the 13 pin din, but the crisp image provided by svideo a million times better I'm just afraid of killing my STE doing the mod...

the 5 volts is coming from a power adapter, a switching variety for use with a USB hub, it's rated at 1 amp so plenty of power there for the LED i checked the voltage with a meter while powering the circuit and it's still 5 volts.

I may get 5 volts from the 15 pin ste joystick port... that may help too...

I will post how it goes with the Amiga 500. Thanks again...

The two pin socket is where i tried various caps, 10, 12, 15, 18, 22, 30 pf.
I'm sure there is a magic number in there somewhere

Last edited by TCD; 10 January 2011 at 08:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.

Page generated in 0.04786 seconds with 10 queries