View Single Post
Old 08 January 2011, 11:21   #1491
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Should it not be the pink variety?
Right, that's the anti-static stuff, but I take it that it'll be packed in his house and unpacked at a safe workstation. The A1200 is safe for human body model discharge AFAIK.

Originally Posted by PulsatingQuasar View Post
The only thing they need to do is if they have found a capacitor that has leaked to clean it up good, repair the traces and check afterwards if the via's and traces are still good.

I have an Amiga 1200 where a capacitor has leaked, killed a via and made part of a trace black. So I scraped of the black and put solder on it to protect the trace from corrosion.
You're talking about a different thing - the electrolytic caps. However, vroom6sri's problem is related to a false installation of timing-caps on the bottom side of the A1200. Please refer to my earlier post for details.

Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
At 50 Mhz => yellow screen with a MC68030RC50 revF91C
Yellow screen indicates memory problem in the Z3 autoconfig card.

Now here's another bad thing you've done: On removing the CPU, you should have noticed that there's a blue distance-element in the center of the PGA socket. This distance element makes sure that the CPU will reach the heatsink at the top, and the precision of the thing makes sure that the board won't be bent when the heatsink is mounted.

The ceramic CPU has different mechanical dimensions and therefore requires a different distance-element. Further, the heat transfer pad has a dimension of 0.15mm, and slightly less than that under the pressure from the heatsink. Your thermal grease practically has zero dimension and therefore does not ensure proper thermal conduction between CPU and heatsink. This essentially makes the heatsink a thermal insulator, because it does not take the heat, but also keeps air from surrounding the processor.

You may have a part-time operational, overclocked unit, but you've made all the mistakes in the book, including arguing with non-scientific points. Still so proud of your work? Again, we highly recommend to keep everything as we've designed it. We've put quite some thought into every single bit of the card - hardware design, mechanical design and software options. As Oliver pointed out, we've done extensive stability tests over a much longer period than you even own the card, and for weeks, we've overlooked a severe error in the memory controller. Trust me, you're out of spec, and I highly recommend to go back to normal clocking if you want reliable memory.

Page generated in 0.06742 seconds with 9 queries