View Single Post
Old 06 January 2011, 23:15   #17
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
What powers the iPad? And iPhone? Yup ARM Cortex + OS-X variant.
Yep, and with ARM now getting closer to laptop and desktop performance, things are looking good for the MacBook as well. At least I think performance is the main reason it's not in the MacBook yet. Steve Jobs has supposedly said that the prior move from PPC to x86 was because they wanted higher performance and the current micros couldn't deliver that.

Originally Posted by Nostalgeek View Post
Yeah these ARM news are great indeed...I just hope some good OpenSource-oriented portable platform will come through and Apple retrograde marketing takes a good slap in the face.

I mean, we're finally slowly getting rid of Microsoft's aegemonia, and I don't understand how computer-educated people can accept a new tyran to take his place, praising for Apple?

Steve Jobs wants to decide what you do with your computer, what is good for you and what's not. Bleh. They're just making the computer market go years backwards and everybody goes "wow".
Windows will always be big, and Linux is getting bigger, better and more usable every day - that's your OpenSource-oriented portable platform starting to come through.

Did you know that there's already malware and apps assisting in fraud etc. for Android, even though it's still relatively new? You'll never find that on the iPhone. And OS X is sanity defined as far as malware goes on desktops, at least when compared to Windows.

Maybe Steve Jobs is a tyrant, but I don't think Apple will ever have any market in its clutches in the way Microsoft have had, and that Apple's products will instead be safe, pleasant and easy to use alternatives. And yes expensive alternatives, but my experience is that you're getting really good stuff that just works.
Page generated in 0.05661 seconds with 9 queries