View Single Post
Old 04 January 2011, 17:59   #16
d0pefish
Registered User
d0pefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England UK
Age: 30
Posts: 103
Well, I've no idea how, but I've fixed it

Perhaps half the issue was involving WinUAE during some of the drive prep stages. This time I just got all filesystem/formatting tools, HDToolbox, and scsi 44.2 and loadmodule onto a floppy.

After prepping and formatting the drive all on the 600, I checked whether it DH0: was mounted and listable both before and after loading the 44.2 scsi module. This time it did.

So I used WinUAE to copy my ClassicWB setup across, and prepared a custom KS3.1 rom with scsi 44.2, exec v44 by Piru and various other patches from OS3.9.

Now ACATune can load it, and I don't need the LoadModule line.

It was worth it. I now get 3.2MB/sec transfer rate on the A600's CF card. Before the ACA630, it was about 0.6MB. After the ACA but before patches, it was 2.1MB/sec.

Now I'm about to clone the hell out of my CF card so I don't have to endure all this again!

Thanks very much to the various people who have PMed me with some helpful files!
d0pefish is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.04950 seconds with 10 queries