View Single Post
Old 03 January 2011, 15:29   #1336
Originally Posted by vroom6sri View Post
I know, I know (sigh) but being the eternal pessimist (realist?) I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst. I've been testing it again today with revised startup-sequence line for ACAtune but it still locked up. Seemed to be OK - did a few levels in Epic then loaded up Global Trash demo and FREEZE.

Dagnamit! I SOOOO wanta spend some quality time with my pimped A1200. Don't get me wrong though. I am impressed and appreciative of AmigaKits handling of my query and service in general.
What revision motherboard do you have and have the capacitors been changed? Have the timing fixes been applied?

The last couple of days I replaced the capacitors in both my CD32 systems. The capacitors had a black writing on them which generally means of a better quality than the capacitors with a green writing. All solderings were still clean and shiny. But during replacement I could see they leaked both visually and by the smell I got several times.
I have an SX32 in one CD32 which would lock up after an hour of running but not any more.

I guess it doesn't make a difference anymore what SMD capacitors you have and if the soldering is still clean. They're failing.
Page generated in 0.06281 seconds with 9 queries