Thread: Editing games?
View Single Post
Old 01 January 2011, 15:16   #69
neljan

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrise View Post
Now, about the names. That was something I worked on, and I can tell you how they are stored, as I recal. All the surnames and firstnames are stored in one block of data, and each name is separated by (I think) a zero character. So as you say, you could replace names, but not add new ones. However, if you wanted to use current data, like for example the freely available data that you can get for the PSP version of Football Manager, it would theoretically be possible to do it. What you would have to do is have a list of all the names you wanted to use, compared to all the ones in Champ Man 94. You could then run a comparison and match the names up as best you could matching all the names with the same number of letters as much as possible, so you could then create a new set of surnames (the first names are probably ok).
Very interesting.

I'm currently trying to edit CM93 (PC version) with todays data and came across this thread (sorry I know this is an Amiga forum but from what I can remember the 2 versions were identical, also I used to play the Amiga version ). I've figured out how to edit most player data within the SVGAME file (skill, characters etc) but I really need to figure out where the teams are compiled within the main CM file, so that I can swap around the existing names to create new players (since replacing 'John' with 'Dave' changes all players named 'John' to 'Dave').

Any ideas?

Page generated in 0.09334 seconds with 9 queries