View Single Post
Old 31 December 2010, 13:56   #1263
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Jumper in third position, is for developement only (DONT USE).
FOL, please do not refer to the third position as "jumper" - it is a "connector" for a pushbutton. That's why I want everyone to Read The Folded Manual :-)

Originally Posted by d0pefish View Post
My A600's ACATune line reads:
ACATune -maprom * -chipcache on -z2cache on -fastchip on -fastz2 on -cache on -burst on >NIL:
Fast RAM autoconfigs on the A600 board
Yep, the ACA630 makes a Z3 autoconfig for memory, so it even shows up in early startup, whereas the ACA1230 does NOT show in early startup.

I see that you're using chipcache on your system. However, you need to be very careful with this option, because chipmem has multiple entities that can write to it, most notably the blitter and the disk drives. If you switch chipcache on, it's very likely that you run into problems if you use floppy disks and/or if you dont install CPUblit.

CPUblit was initially developed when the A1200 came out, because the CPU can be faster than the blitter. I don't know if this is the case on an accelerated A600 - can someone verify this?
Please be very careful with the "chipcache" option. You really need to take precaution in the form of installing CPUblit (or Fblit), and not use floppy disks. That's the only safe way of using caches on chipmem.

Last edited by TCD; 31 December 2010 at 14:03. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use multi-quote.
Page generated in 0.06097 seconds with 9 queries