View Single Post
Old 22 December 2010, 10:07   #1
Premier Manager 2 versions and tactics?

Hello People

A few questions about one of my favourite titles on any system - PM2.

After trying many ADFs from various sources on the interwebz which did not on install on my real A1200, I got a geniune real copy with the fantastic protection wheel from Amibay which installs nicely! The wheel is really hard to read though - black on black, good work!

I noticed that the installer on this version (which mentions A1200 compatibility on the box) is an AmigaDOS based installer. Whereas at least one of the ADF versions I found had a custom ingame style installer with music (Andy Gray and Martin Tyler - you know "what a lovely bend on that ball").

Also my version starts with some players with 0 years left on contract - an ADF version I had (with custom installer) never had players on 0 year contracts when starting the game. Also I think I am losing more money more quickly on the real copy I am using.

So I wondered whether there were different versions - maybe including bug fixes? On many PC games you get a version number on boot screen, but I don't think you see much like that on the Amiga.

Finally what tactics do people use? I can't remember my killer tactics much but I currently using 5-3-2 with Normal for everything, Nearest Man Marking and Medium shooting with Long Ball Graham Taylor style football!

Any other Premier Manager fans out there?
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05038 seconds with 9 queries