View Single Post
Old 22 December 2010, 00:03   #1171
Registered User
Amigaman's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I am not planning a new run of 30MHz cards, and I am not even thinking of making a second batch of the 600 cards at all, because they turned out to be MUCH MORE work than originally planned. The amount of manual work involved is almost three times higher than I anticipated. Normally I would have to increase the price, but with announcements already made and pre-payments taken, I cannot do that.

We'll be closing the office for two days after january 1st for inventory counting and all the paperwork for taxes and stuff. After those few days, I will have the required numbers to make a decision on the remaining stock of ACA630, and about the future of any production run. From a gut feeling, I fear that we're losing money on the ACA630 (both versions).

That is very unfortunate if you have turned out to be making a loss. I have been one of the lucky few to jump on the order bandwagon for the 30mhz version in time, however if there is a need, I would actually be ok with a slight increase in the price to help secure future development on the Amiga. Im sure I wouldn't be the only one.

I am sure you won't increase the price, but just know that I appreciate the work and work done well is always worth paying for.
Amigaman is offline  
Page generated in 0.03950 seconds with 10 queries