ScummVM RTG is an interpreter that allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games on an Amiga (provided you have their data files).
The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executable shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
ScummVM RTG only supports certain ScummVM game engines.
1) An RTG Amiga with an 68040/68060 processor (with FPU)
2) At least 32 MB of FASTRAM
3) AHI installed
4) Some supported games or demos (see below!)
* 16 bit stereo digital SFX and speech
* MIDI music emulation (no hardware required)
* Double buffered 256 color graphics
* 16 bit GUI (converted to 8 bit in real-time!)
* Screen shake
* Back ported OS4, MorphOS and AROS code!
1) You should always patch exec.library's CopyMem() and CopyMemQuick() routines
for faster processor specific versions.
2) Try reducing the audio playback frequency down to 8k if you're still having performance issues.
3) If you are using Paula, stick with the 'FAST' 8/14 bit modes for AHI (prefs) - a real 16 bit card *may* be faster with a 16 bit mode.
4) This interpreter really hits the hard drive so you'll need a fast transfer rate for the newer games (see below)
5) FFS is really really slow, use PFS3 instead
6) Loading your ROM into FASTRAM is a great idea (see below)
7) If you have a Blizzard you should really be using BlizKick to get most speed out of your Amiga, Apollo users should be using RemApollo.
8) Stick with v4.18 of AHI as the later versions are too slow
9) SCI games are very slow
Thanks and acknowledgments:
The ScummVM developers, my mother, the UtilityBase crew for help and advice.
Minuous for the awesome installers and the EAB beta testers especially DDNI and Rockersuke who went above and beyond the call of duty.
[ Show youtube player ]
Originally Posted by NovaCoder
This port uses AHI, it's really important that people use v4.18 of AHI with one of the 'FAST' modes set to be used in the AHI Prefs otherwise it will run slow on a real Amiga (this is true for any of my ports that use AHI).
BTW Boing Bags 3/4 will upgrade your Amiga to v6.x of AHI so check what version you are actually running.