View Single Post
Old 01 December 2010, 09:21   #3
Personally having created basic games for the PC, i think that just creating games for a competition regardless of prizes would be fun.

People who make games, especially for platforms such as the Amiga can hardly expect to be paid for it, i should hope they do it because they love doing it, and because they want others to love playing it.

Me making a game for the Amiga is a long way away unfortunately, as i've only got basic experience with Windows PC's, and virtually none with Blitz Basic and AMOS Basic.

Sure prizes offer a nice incentive and may draw a few people in, but given your financial situation, i suggest you either pick cheaper prizes, or no prizes at all and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by pmc
Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time Cammy. Hopefully things will improve for you very soon. Personally, I don't think prizes really matter. The main thing is that people who would like to make a game can do so and enjoy both the experience of creating something and other people's enjoyment of what they made.So don't give up! People loved last year's competition and I'm sure they'd love to participate this time too.
My thoughts exactly.
Page generated in 0.08570 seconds with 9 queries