View Single Post
Old 01 December 2010, 09:13   #1
Is there any point in attempting another Christmas game making competition?

Hello. Some of you may remember that last year, after a long discussion about game making competitions for 8bit platforms, we decided to see if it was a viable idea to run one in today's Amiga community. I was fortunate enough to have a bunch of spare Amiga-related bits and pieces I could use as prizes, and also AmigaManiac donated some hardware, and we had seven great games made in only two weeks. It was a happy time for classic Amiga users briefly, but also around that time my life started getting a bit worse. I have barely been able to afford rent each month this year and food hardly ever lasts until the next pay comes around. I have felt terrible about it, but I have failed to send out the prizes to the winners of last years competition, even though they are sitting here packed up and ready to go. I also finally managed to afford to get the certificates printed which was $25, more than I expected but they turned out nice. If I can make it through this month hopefully I will be able to start sending out the prizes next month, but I have said that for the past 12 months. I promise to send them as soon as I can afford it though!

I guess what I'm asking here is, does anyone think it's worth hosting another competition this year, even though there won't be any prizes since I have nothing left to spare? We tried again earlier this year with our Retro Remix competition but didn't get a single entry.

I'm also not sure if I should even bother with the Amiga Christmas Tree site this year. I have lost last year's site and would have to come up with something new, and don't really have anywhere to host it either. It's just that it's been a tradition I've tried to keep going for a few years now and I don't know how I'd feel about giving it up.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05249 seconds with 9 queries