22 November 2010, 17:17
Missile Command Champion
Join Date: Aug 2005
Ultimate Newcomer is coming soon. Interesting improvements for emulator users too. It's DonationWare like Enhanced Newcomer.
| 20 years in the making, there has never been anything comparable for the C64.
- 180+ characters you can interact with, each with his/her own portrait graphic
- 10+ people who may join you, to make a team of up to 6 members
- ...or try it on your own, in the extra challenging Solo game mode...
- 50+ different areas to explore, created with 30+ different graphic sets
- 100+ cutscenes/situational graphics in-game, that make you feel like you are there
- 180,000+ words of ingame text, mostly interactive conversations
- No random encounters
- Thousands of puzzles and situations to encounter and solve
- Complex, non-linear gameplay with multiple levels of endings
- Months or weeks of immersive gaming until you "complete" the game...
- ...but there will still be a thousand situations, resolutions and encounters you have not seen yet, and 2 more game modes to complete!
- Animated intro and outro sequences
- Game controls changed for more comfort for emulator users on PC/Mac keyboards
- VICE fully supported, extensively tested, no virtual floppy disk swapping, works like a native PC / Mac / Linux game
- Much faster disk I/O in the 1541 version, compared to classic or Enhanced Newcomer
- Less floppy disk swapping needed – optimized data layout, area sorting and duplication for all multiple floppy disk versions
- 1541 version: 11* floppy disk sides
- 1581 version: 3* DD floppy disks
- CMD FD2000 version: 2* HD floppy disks
- CMD FD4000 version: a single ED floppy disk – zero disk swapping
- IDE64 version: 2 MB installed, "instant I/O", playing from HDD / CD / DVD / CF / remote filesystem (ethernet, USB, or User Port PCLink, via ideserv – IDE DOS v0.91 or newer required for this feature) supported, different data and save devices supported
- PAL and NTSC Commodore 64/64C/128/128D/128DCr systems auto-detected and supported
- 6581 and 8580 SID chips auto-detected and supported
- C128 2MHz CPU mode auto-detected and supported – much faster unpacking for all storage devices
- SuperCPU 20MHz mode auto-detected and supported – instant unpacking for all storage devices