View Single Post
Old 11 November 2010, 14:49   #427
Precious & fragile things

Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I've seen those devices live at the Evoke party in August of this year. Unstable as hell. Bot those few minutes while it was running, it was nice to watch videos and even patched Amiga demos on an Atari ;-)

Poor guy. If he'd do the math, he'd probably discover that he doesn't make any money on it, probably even not covering half of his time.

Definitely not when I'm involved. I need to pay wages, taxes, I'm WEEE registered, I need to make a living myself, and I have a house to pay for. Further, I'd never give so many user options that cause a huge customer support mess: No SD-Ram socket, no PCI slots. Plain card with everything assembled and guaranteed, that's the only way to create hardware that works "no questions asked" and "no support required".

True plug&play is what I want to deliver, only this will give an experience that will make people come back to us. And I want people to come back to buy more, not to claim warranty or support for something they already have :-)

Not appearing to be rude Jens, but if hardware is properly made in the first place with reliable firmware why would it fail?
Page generated in 0.05296 seconds with 9 queries