View Single Post
Old 01 October 2010, 18:33   #18
AMOS Extensions Developer
Originally Posted by mikele View Post
Got that retro gaming itch again and bought Mega Drive (had sold it in 1999) to play Sensible Soccer and other games. Was thinking about rekindling my Saturn and Dreamcast memories and purchase these systems too, but my experience with dying cd drives tell me to stay away from 15 year old consoles based on this media (imagine the quality of the laser after years of swap tricks, using stratched cheapo cd's), hence my inclination towards catridge using systems. Frankly, I don't care about cinematic intros, cut scenes, nor I miss full motion video crapware. Never owned N64, played it briefly in 1997 and loved its video quality compared to grainy PSX's and Saturn's graphics.

Anyone jumping on N64 bandwagon lately?
Never jumped off it!!

My brother wanted a N64 when it was released and (as he wanted money to go out and party etc.) it eventually became mine.

Many classic games for it, which include (deep breath):

Perfect Dark (like Goldeneye, with slightly better GFX)
Turok 2 (I have all of the N64 ones, and the 2nd is the best in my opinion)
Command & Conquer (the first(?) 3D version of the original game, plus a few extra levels)
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64
Blast Corps
Star Wars: Rogue Leader 1
Lylat Wars (aka Starwing outside the UK)
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

and a few others I can't remember right now.
I still have a CRT TV, so can't comment on how the GFX look on modern LCD/plasma/HD projectors. The controller is fine, in my opinion, but then I have 15 games consoles (mostly Sega & Nintendo) including handhelds and am used to adapting to different controllers

Edit: If you go for the real hardware, make sure it has the 1MB memory expansion in the front slot. Some games (e.g. both Zelda games, Perfect Dark and Command & Conquer) use the extra memory to enhance the screen resolution and or other aspects of the game (better textures etc.).

Last edited by Lonewolf10; 01 October 2010 at 18:41.
Page generated in 0.05530 seconds with 9 queries