View Single Post
Old 21 September 2010, 18:44   #100
Raggot
Unfortunate Gerbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
@Faggot emulators cant do smoothing scrolling?
Where did I say that? Did you see the words "scrolling", "impossible", and "emulate" and assume that I was talking about how emulators can't scroll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Want to see bad scrolling get on top of one of those walking trees in B.C Kid
Want Bad gameplay try SOTB 2
How beautifully irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
There are quite a few American members here that do own a real Amiga. Just wondered if you're that determined to tell people how well Gods plays, if you had never played it on a real setup.
WinUAE's accurate enough at this point that I honestly don't see what the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgames View Post
I once read somewhere that a program outer looks (interface, interaction, working etc...) reflects the program inner code, if a program is great, then the code must be great. (so bad code = bad program no matter what)
Yo! Joe! has some pretty bad coding (lots of slowdown in some areas, sometimes glitches out and doesn't let you climb slopes), but I still think that it's a great game. Your point?

Quote:
Now, i understand that your only problem with Gods are the controls, quite an improvement for it being worthless.
The controls really are bad, I haven't seen another game that manages to be so well-designed and so annoying to play at the same time. And now you're talking about design, instead of code. Are you trying to change the subject with every post?

Quote:
Then, give it a go again, finish the first world, try to find all secrets. you may like it.
Don't assume that I don't like it because I gave it a cursory run through the first level and didn't bother with the rest. I'm a completist, I have to get all of the secrets. I was about halfway (maybe more) through the second world before I started playing Arabian Nights instead. Maybe I'll get back to it sometime.

Quote:
I sincerly beleive the animation and attention to details in them are better than all the ones you listed.
Besides the exploding faces when you die, could you help me find an animation in Gods with more than three frames? I don't know why you keep going on like the animation is the best part, it's the shading that makes Gods's graphics look good. Saying that Gods has great graphics because of its smooth animation is like saying that the Corvette's a great car because of its luxurious interior.

Quote:
(Never seen a better monster explosion effect more nice than the one in gods)
The mushroom cloud? Ruff 'n' Tumble had a much better one, I thought.

Quote:
Marl coleman, if he is the one who did the graphics, is a genious.
Mark Coleman did the graphics. They are indeed quite good.

Quote:
Played most, and finished a lot too.
Then why do you insist that Gods has better animation than all of them? I understand that aesthetic judgements are a matter of taste, but it doesn't take taste to see how many frames an animation uses. If you like the design of the graphics, fine, but don't try to tell me that they move smoothly.

Quote:
The bad scroll is very noticable on this one, making it a pain to play.
But bad scrolling in Gods is just fine? At least be consistent. (I'm not saying, by the way, that Gods is bad because of its scrolling. I forgive both games like you forgive Gods. It takes something like Zool for me to say that the scrolling makes it "a pain to play".)

Last edited by Raggot; 21 September 2010 at 18:53.

Page generated in 0.06585 seconds with 9 queries