View Single Post
Old 19 September 2010, 21:34   #55
Unfortunate Gerbil
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
For me gameplay (not picking up coins/sweets/random stuff and no 'score') is more important than how you move through the levels, but I can see why many people consider it a 'platform game'.
By that logic, Cave Story isn't a platform game either.

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Btw : Don't see the problem with Gods either, but I'm not really picky when it comes to smooth scrolling anyway
Then you're probably a closet ST fan.

Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
That was awesome. Especially the "fatally killed" part.

Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
Going by this logic, Lemmings, UGH and Cadaver (to name a few) are also platform games.
I got tired of typing "running, jumping, and platforms", so I just used the latter as shorthand. Of course Lemmings doesn't qualify, because it's a strategy (or puzzle, depending on how you look at it) game with lots of different characters that you control as a group. And Ugh! (along with Space Taxi, for that matter) doesn't have any running or jumping. Cadaver (like Head over Heels) is an isometric platform game, which I consider to be its own genre, though still a platform game of sorts (like Super Mario 64).

But I'm getting tired of this discussion, and it's obvious that nobody's going to change anyone's mind here. Let's get back to posting lists and loving/hating Gods and Superfrog.

Last edited by Raggot; 20 September 2010 at 02:55.
Page generated in 0.06082 seconds with 9 queries