View Single Post
Old 15 September 2010, 23:08   #6
Cammy

Those PCMCIA Multi-Card/SD adapters work fine, I have the exact same ones here but they can only access 2GB SD cards or smaller. Any SD card over 2GB is "SDHC" which is incompatible. I haven't tried the IDE-SD adapters yet, but it's very possible they will work with 4-8GB cards. Since AmigaManiac also sells them, you could maybe ask him if he has tested them out with SDHC cards in an Amiga. Personally I prefer to stick with CF cards internally and use 2GB SD cards for all my data-swapping needs because my A1600 netbook has a SD slot on the front.

With Fat95 installed, you will be able to read and write to FAT16 and FAT32 drives with no problems. It doesn't matter how large the SD or CF card is when it's formatted as FAT32 it should work.

The S-Video and VGA Adapter combination from AmigaManiac is probably the cheapest Amiga-to-VGA solution available, and should definitely work with your LCD screen with both PAL and NTSC screenmodes. You can't use it to display a PAL image on an NTSC screen, but it will work on a VGA screen. The A520 only outputs composite and RF (just like your A1200's internal modulator already does) so it's not much use unless you want to modify it to output S-Video, then just get a VGA adapter. If you're not the hardware-hacking type, it's probably just better to get a cheap S-Video adapter from AmigaManiac.

It can indeed get expensive and take over your life if you get too interested in your Amiga, but a 2MB A1200 is very limited still. Your best bet would be to join AmiBay.com and post a Wanted ad asking for a 4-8MB RAM card for your A1200. You could search on eBay but may not get many results, and they're often overpriced or have too many bidders fighting for them there anyway. It could cost you from $40-100 depending on the brand and the seller. I have seen some people claim to get them much cheaper too, so it's just a matter of luck and chance.

Page generated in 0.08880 seconds with 9 queries