View Single Post
Old 24 September 2002, 18:03   #1
The Sacred Armour Of
Elite IV Wishlist

Often often when i was flying across the galaxy in Frontier, I would contemplate what would enchance the game.

What with the ever eternal rumblings of Elite IV (old Braben hasnt exactly speeded up has he? Frontier was 2 to 3 years too late if you ask me) I wondered what other fans of the series would like in this hypothetical sequel?

I know the logistics of being able to play Elite IV online would be problematic to say the least(how would you get round the time issues???), but I would really relish being in a virtual galaxy inhabitated by REAL people. I still think you should have the option to play offline mind.

Always thought it would be excellent if you could get out of your pilot seat. You know? The game would change to a FPS environment, you could wander about your ship if its large enough - equally engage with your crew if you have any.

But more importantly to actually LEAVE your spacecraft, as in after you dock into a space station or planet base to be able to explore it yourself. If it was online, you could meet other real life pilots whilst walking around these places - the experience would so add to the feeling of being in another world, even if it was an offline version with bots.

Not sure about whether it would be feasable to do this outside your ship in space or on a barren planet. Might be a bit much to ask.

Oh and one thing - space is BLACK!!! - NOT BLUE Braben!!!
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.07871 seconds with 9 queries