View Single Post
Old 07 September 2010, 15:14   #32
Thalion Webshrine
Originally Posted by techn1um View Post
ok so I may not need the arcadevga then. I just use windows and install soft 15khz and see if that works but your saying I need to run all that on normal monitor first and then switch to cabinet monitor once its applied??
Yup. From what I was able to remember + read from a few forums there are a few other utilities you can install to make sure that Windows never defaults back to a 31KHz screen.

Perhaps I should have brought a pre built system, that would have been easier but a hell of alot more expensive which is why I went down this route.
Absolutely not! I mean this getting it working is half the fun isn't it?

The only reasons I can think of to buy a pre-built system are:

A person is too lazy to read up and too timid to experiment

A person's time is worth more to them than the money. (Which to me is very understandable)

Oh, ok perhaps I am somewhat biased being a fiddler by nature.

The pc im using has inbuilt graphics card not a removeable one if that makes any difference??
I think that significantly lowers your chance of making this work for free. Really depends what make of chip the onboard gfx is. Nvidia or ATI/AMD and Soft15KHz WILL work, Intel (or worse) and I very much doubt it. But you can get a 2nd hand bottom of the range ATI/Nvidia/Matrox PCI(e) gfx card from Ebay for 5 and you'll be back in business.

If it does not work, I bet some kind soul on here would send you a compatible GFX card for free. What slots do you have on your motherboard?

Last edited by alexh; 07 September 2010 at 15:35.
Page generated in 0.05335 seconds with 9 queries