View Single Post
Old 27 August 2010, 16:55   #23
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

ahhh but guys.... you can have a good game thats buggy....

for my point -

When "X-COM: UFO Enemy Uknown" was relased for the PSx it shipped with huge memory leak hole and will constantly (and persistenly) crash after every 6th move when in a UFO mission on the largest UFO with your guys at the highest *height [lv4]* in the game.

you can try this at home, most of the time this is an unknown bug, unless that is your tactic to taking down the largest UFO by blaster-launching into the command center and working your way down (when the leader is killed / stunned all other enemy suffer MASSIVE moral loss - easy pickin's partner!)

Anyway... this fault is even prevailent when using my PSP playing the PSx version of XCOM - I even tried the US release.... same problem..

so... does this bug make it a bad game.... no... but it does mean it could be better - a lot better, the irony here is that there is NO API for the PSx other than a remedial SDK

so one could say that - because there no API this game is the worse for it? but personally I would say its just sloppy code - or better yet... a minor slip up.... or poor product testing... lol

(one day imma gonna team up with some crazy coder/artist and we shall program a PSx game =D.... one day....)

Anyway... whistfull thoughts aside... this error is NOT in XCOM: Terror from the Deep.

Personally I love the PSx version, its relatively quick in both loading / and turn-taking but its bigest WIN for me is the music score.... its fantastic!

I even put this on in the back ground when I play the Amiga/PC version of the game.

However the game has its drawback... memory card saving is limmited to one save per card and it takes forever - this has been known to crash as well at this point.

so a great game... that sadly in places poorly written.

doesn't stop me liking it though =D

Page generated in 0.04484 seconds with 11 queries