View Single Post
Old 24 August 2010, 13:35   #41
Olaf Barthel
Originally Posted by ppill View Post
A GUI for a stack that supports DHCP and Zero conf from the get-go? Surely most of the people nowadays have some modem/router thingy that supports DHCP.

Some impressive speeds but like others have mentioned a 1200 + PCMCIA card would be of interest to a greater crowd.
If you can wait until the weekend, when I have a little more spare time at hand, I could rig up a test environment with an A1200HD and a PCMCIA networking card. I haven't used that kind of configuration in years, and it might take a bit to assemble all the bits and pieces.

A legal TCP/IP stack that support autoconfiguration (fire and forget style), faster that the rest and for an affordable price? Hell yes!

And how's the memory footprint?
The software itself needs about 260K of main memory, and you need to set aside some memory for the networking card's send/receive buffers. Each buffer is 1.5K in size, and you should need at least 8-16 buffers per queue. That gives 2 * 16 * 1.5K = 48K. Let's say a total of 360K minimum should give you a working TCP/IP stack.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05619 seconds with 9 queries